Conference Notes & Info
For more information on our math conferences, download the powerpoint presentation below.
Teachers of Struggling Students in Math Conference
Increase Test Scores in Mathematics! Identifying Highly Effective, Proven Strategies Classroom Teachers Can Immediately Implement To Increase Student Achievement
Implementing a balanced delivery of instruction and assessment.
- Identifying and implementing teacher expectancies/protocols.
- Specific recommendations on how to link math concepts and skills to previous learning and outside experiences.
- Techniques for working with English language learners, reluctant or unsuccessful learners, and students living in poverty.
- Strategies to increase students’ ability to speak, read, and write mathematics.
- Strategies to help students learn more effectively and efficiently.
- Ideas for introducing concepts in algebra while reviewing and reinforcing basic math skills.
- Using data from assessing student work to modify instructional practices.
- Effective review strategies that prepare students for high stakes tests.
- A variety of methods for helping students become better learners and problem solvers.
- Evaluating components of an effective lesson.
- Building a “success on success” model to increase student confidence, participation, and performance. • Understanding the connection between student-teacher relationships and student achievement.
|Lobbying||NASSP San Francisco 2011|
|Teachers of Struggling Students – Math||TOSS – Overview|
Our videos can turn students who normally earn grades of D and F into successful students.
Buy Bill's Book!
A must read for math teachers and administrators. Bill has a straight forward, common sense approach that demystifies mathematics.
Schedule Bill Hanlon for Your Next Event!
Hire Bill Hanlon as a Keynote Speaker for your next conference or seminar.